Due to changes in legislation, state standards, state assessment and T-STEM grants over the last several years the content of this site will be undergoing review and updates will be posted soon.
Transformation Central Texas STEM Center is a partnership between Education Service Centers, Region 13 (Austin) and Region 20 (San Antonio). Transformation Central serves central Texas and El Paso T-STEM Academies and other schools focusing on innovative Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) instruction.
The goals of Transformation Central are to:
- Provide sustained, research-based STEM professional development and instructional coaching focused on project-based learning, integration of engineering into math and science, and robotics.
- Provide a catalog of Project-Based Learning Units (PBLs) that help teachers create real world context for math and science instruction.
- Provide professional development in research-based strategies that support STEM education for underrepresented minorities, women, and diverse learners.
- Support school administrators in leading campuses towards integrated STEM education.
- Collaborate with business and higher education partners to improve the transition of students from high school to the workforce or college, particularly in the areas of math, science, technology, and engineering.
- Collaborate with other T-STEM Centers to provide a complete package of professional development and services for all schools in Texas so that teachers have access to quality professional development that helps them create 21st Century learners.
This initiative is a component of the Texas High School Project (THSP) whose mission is that all Texas students graduate from high school ready for college and career success and prepared to be contributing members of their communities. Created in 2003, THSP is a public-private alliance that includes the Texas Education Agency, Office of the Governor, Texas Legislature, Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Michael & Susan Dell Foundation, Communities Foundation of Texas, National Instruments, Wallace Foundation, Greater Texas Foundation and Meadows Foundation.
Transformation Central’s Vision Statement
Transformation 2013 will provide the highest quality professional development, curriculum, and outreach programs emphasizing hands-on problem-based learning to create superior STEM students.
Transformation Central Mission Statement
Improving student achievement outcomes in math and science as determined by state and national standards in all demographic groups, specifically historically underrepresented populations.